KADITCHA KUPP - 2016
WINNER of the 2016 KADITCHA KUPP is Grant Green.
The Kaditcha Kupp is a sports racing car series over 3 rounds for 4 cylinder sports cars.
The calendar of events for 2016 is:
Kaditcha Kupp Top 10 Point Scores after 3 Rounds:
2016 Winners Trophy
Round 1 - Lowood TT Trophy
The Lowood motor racing circuit utilised the main runway and taxiways of the WW2 RAAF base at nearby Lowood (70 kms west of Brisbane and not far from the present RAAF base at Amberley). Several race meetings were held in the late 40’s and early 50’s on the 4.5 km track but from 1956 till its closure in 1966 it was one of Queensland’s major motor racing venues staging the Australian Grand Prix in 1960, the Australian Touring Car Championship in 1961 and the Australian T.T. in 1959 and 1963 for sports racing cars. Three 4-Hour touring car races were held in 1964,’65 & ’66.
Round 3 - Middle Ridge Run Trophy
Between 1958 and 1961, road races were held on public roads at Middle Ridge, a suburb of Toowoomba. The almost rectangular course of approximately 4.2 kms attracted many top name interstate drivers for the annual race meeting which coincided with the Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers. Despite valiant efforts, the race failed to become an iconic event as happened with other road races in rural regions of Australia, but maintains its importance in Queensland motor racing history.
2016 Kaditcha Kupp Winner - Grant Green
Round 2 - Carrara Ferry Rode Trophy
The Carrara Ferry Rode trophy displays a scale model of a Centaur Clubman steering wheel bulkhead.
The 1954 Australian Grand Prix was held on a 9.2 km public road circuit on the southern outskirts of Southport on Queensland’s Gold Coast. The very long northern straight was the road running south from Southport via Meyer’s Ferry over the Nerang River to the district (now suburb) of Carrara. This road was known variously by the locals as Meyers Ferry Road, Carrara Ferry Road or simply Ferry Road. Today the section of this northern straight is gazetted as Ferry Road from Southport to the Chevron Island bridge at the Southport Golf Club and Bundall Road from the golf club to the Nerang River. In 1954 where Ferry Road becomes Bundall Road there was a “no passing” section due to a bend (Dunlop Bend) at a creek with a single lane bridge. Hence the origin of Carrara Ferry Rode.
MATTHEW PAUL PHOTOGRAPHY
0435 031 824